- Braces are more effective at treating overcrowding than other options and can be less expensive.
- Braces give your Orthodontist the control he needs to move the teeth in any direction necessary.
- At Lawless Orthodontics, all patients will receive Self Ligating Braces, which use a clip to hold your arch wire in place instead of traditional rubber bands.
- These clips allow for quicker and easier wire adjustments.
- No more tightening of braces is required, which can all mean less time in the orthodontist’s chair!
- Self Ligating braces also have a low-profile design with sculpted edges to create a smoother surface against your cheeks and lips.
- They are smaller, less noticeable, and easier to brush around. Braces can be a great choice for any age!
Benefits of Self Ligating Braces
- By combining the aesthetic appeal of traditional clear aligners with the efficiency and comfort of self-ligating braces, these innovative orthodontic appliances provide incredible results in a shorter period.
- These braces feature clear tieless brackets and high-technology arch wires for quick and discreet treatment. Unlike traditional braces, they don’t need frequent tightening, which reduces the friction on your teeth, gums and mouth.
- They are also resistant to stains and discolorations, remaining practically invisible during your entire treatment. If you’re looking for an effective, convenient and fuss-free solution for orthodontic problems, this is it!
What is the difference between traditional and self-ligating braces?
- Use archwires, brackets, and rubber bands to straighten and realign crooked teeth.
- Rubber bands trap food particles, and this can lead to plaque build-up and decay.
- More friction and pressure on the tooth.
- The treatment takes longer.
- Use specially designed clips to hold the archwires in place instead of rubber bands.
- It is easier to keep your teeth clean because there are no rubber bands.
- Braces are thinner, smaller and less noticeable.
- Less pressure and friction are placed on the tooth.
- Treatment is quicker.