- At Lawless Orthodontics, all patients will receive Self Ligating Braces, which use a clip to hold your arch wire in place instead of traditional rubber bands.
- These clips allow for quicker and easier wire adjustments.
- Self Ligating braces also have a low-profile design with sculpted edges to create a smoother surface against your cheeks and lips.
- They are smaller, less noticeable, and easier to brush around. Braces can be a great choice for any age!
- Appointments can range from 15 to 30 minutes every 6 to 8 weeks.
- Patients can have braces from 6 to 24 months depending on the severity of your case.
What is the difference between traditional and self-ligating braces?
- Use archwires, brackets, and rubber bands to straighten and realign crooked teeth.
- Rubber bands trap food particles, and this can lead to plaque build-up and decay.
- More friction and pressure on the tooth.
- The treatment takes longer.
- Use specially designed clips to hold the archwires in place instead of rubber bands.
- It is easier to keep your teeth clean because there are no rubber bands.
- Braces are thinner, smaller and less noticeable.
- Less pressure and friction are placed on the tooth.
- Treatment is quicker.