Wearing braces requires a few changes in your diet. Dr. Lawless always says “Avoid hard, crunchy, chewy, and sticky.” These types of foods or snacks can pull or break a bracket. When this happens, you are adding extra appointments and prolonging your treatment.
Here is a list of Braces Friendly Snacks:
- Fruit: applesauce, bananas, raspberries, blueberries, mango, or strawberries cut into small pieces
- Dairy: pudding, soft cheeses, yogurt, ice cream, or milkshakes
- Vegetables: avocado, peas, corn off the cob, or anything cooked to soften like squash, potatoes, and broccoli
- Grains: oatmeal, rice, pasta, bread, or tortillas
- Meat: pulled pork bar-b-q, hamburger, hotdog, or chicken strips cut into small pieces and chewed using your back molars
- Patient Favorites: pizza crust can tend to be chewy so cut into small pieces, watch your sugar intake and try to avoid sugary or fizzy beverages
Pre plan for your meals and think of foods that dissolve easily in your mouth. Remember to avoid hard parts and foods that require a lot of chewing. There are options for all different meals, snacks, and drinks. Modifying your diet is a short term sacrifice for a long term smile that lasts!
If you would like more information or want to schedule a complimentary consultation, utilize the link provided below!